LiveBasketball.tv Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice explains how Perform Media Services Ltd together with other companies within the Perform Group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries from time to time) (“Perform”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”) use information we collect about you and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it. By accessing and using our site which are made available via our website or through our apps, social networking sites, or any mobile versions thereto or by continuing to use our Service you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Additional information for users located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) about their rights and other information can be found in the Annex to this Privacy Notice.
This notice has been last updated on 25th May 2018.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
(1) Information you give us
When you interact with the Service, Perform may collect certain data about you. This data falls into 2 broad categories:
(i) data about you which you give us; and
(ii) data about you or the way you interact with the Service, which is collected by us electronically (collectively "User Information").
You may give us information about you:
· When you enter such information while using the Service;
· When you interact with our customer service team;
· If you choose to provide information relating to reviews or ratings, favourite sports, tournaments, teams, events or personalities, and/or other subjects of interest to sports fans;
· In relation to your account settings;
· When you set preferences in the 'My Account' section of our app;
· When you otherwise provide information to us through the Service or elsewhere.
(2) Information collected by us
We, whether directly or through third party suppliers, will collect information regarding your use of our Service, including but not limited to:
· Your interactions with our site, applications and emails;
· Your payment method, including details of your payment country; payment type and the history of any failed/successful payments;
· Information regarding use of the Service, including information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to our website or apps, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
· Your entry details for a competition or promotion;
· Details regarding your interactions with customer services, including the date, time and reason for contacting us, your name (as you provide it to us), the last 4 digits of your credit card, debit card or direct debit bank account or the obfuscated email address (if you use PayPal as your payment method for the Services), and also the expiration date of your credit or debit card (if you pay for the Service via one of these methods);
· Device IDs or unique identifiers, location data, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, ad data, website and app navigation, IP address and standard web log information;
· The language choices made by you in relation to your use of the Service which may include information relating to your location when using the Service;
· Information from your social media profile to populate your manager page on our website or apps, and where you choose to register with us using your social media logins;
· The details of any third-party digital property (such as a website that referred you to the Service, together with information about how a user interacted with any online and email marketing campaigns related to the Service;
· Information and communications on forums on the site, including chat rooms and message boards;
· Information we collect using cookies stored on your device about how you use our Service and/or selected third party websites. For more information please see the Cookies section below;
· Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us or our affiliates;
· The types of devices you use to view the Service;
· Behaviour on our Service as you click around our site or application (such as the type of content you view, how frequently, at what times etc); and
· Online and email marketing campaigns related to the Service that you receive or subscribe to.
There are certain services, for example, LiveBasketball.tv that you will only be able to access by registering with us. To register with us, you must provide us with at least your first name, email address, username and password and country. You may have the opportunity to voluntarily provide additional information during registration such as your date of birth or a profile picture etc. to help personalise your account and so we can provide you with more customised services.
You may also create an account with us via Facebook, Google or Twitter and if you choose to do so you shall be subject to Facebook's, Google's or Twitter’s respective privacy notices, and other such policies which govern your use of Facebook, Google or Twitter and their right to use your personal information as amended and added from time to time.
HOW AND WHY WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the User Information for three main purposes: (i) to operate and improve the platforms and to ensure that we can provide the Service; (ii) to optimise the content on the platforms; and (iii) send marketing and show advertising to our users.
More specifically, we will use the User Information to do one or more of the following things:
· Administer our website and apps;
· provide the Service you have requested;
· improve your browsing experience by personalising the Service for you;
· recommend goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you or contact you in order to conduct market research (but only where you have requested us to do so);
· prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, cheating, and money laundering and enforce our terms;
· notify you about changes to our Service;
· contact you in order to conduct market research (but only where you have requested us to do so);
· send out email alerts, text messages or device notifications in relation to our Service;
· send you prizes won via our website or apps, and supply to you services purchased via our website or apps;
· send notices and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
· display game play information to other users of our service;
· provide third parties such as Google with statistical statistical and other information about our users as required to operate the Service (this information will not be used to identify any individual user);
· deal with enquiries and complaints;
· provide our commercial partners with information about users’ use of co-branded services, including historical use data;
· comply with any legal or regulatory requirements and otherwise to respond to any relevant regulator or competent authority as required by law;
· understand customer trends and patterns; and
· develop aggregate analysis in respect of our users and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of the Perform group (www.performgroup.com/) so that we can perform analysis of our customer trends and patterns. We may also, where you have given your consent, allow other members of the Perform group to contact you with relevant offers, competitions and latest news.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in connection with providing the Service to our users.
· Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
· In the event that we sell the business operating the Service or it is integrated with another business, in which case we may disclose your User Information to our advisers and any prospective buyer’s advisers as well as to the new owners of the business.
· In order to prevent fraud, cheating and money laundering we may disclose your User Information to third parties including, but not limited to, any relevant regulator, gaming and sporting bodies, financial institutions and law enforcement agencies or any other body that deals with the investigation of alleged offences; and
· Where we store your User Information.
We understand that the security of your User Information is important to you. When handling User Information, security is paramount and we seek to ensure that User lnformation is protected through appropriate technical and organisational measures. We use reasonable administrative, logical and physical controls, including password protection, to safeguard your User Information against loss, theft and unauthorised access, use or modification.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your User Information in accordance with applicable law, we cannot guarantee the security of your User Information.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Information which you provide may be transferred to our group companies, commercial partners, suppliers or agents located outside your country. We will ensure adequate protection of personal data transferred outside of your country as required under applicable laws. For example, if you are located in the EEA or in the UK, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal data in these circumstances.
In addition, User Information that you submit for publication on our website or via our apps will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
Our platforms are not directly intended for children and should not be used by them unless supervised by a parent or guardian.
As mentioned above, we and/or selected third parties may contact you with information about offers, products and services that might be of interest to you (but only if you have consented to receive such marketing). If you have consented to receiving marketing communication by either (i) ticking the marketing box when you signed up or (ii) ticking the marketing tick-box within the My Account section of our website, and then confirming this via email, but you no longer wish to receive these notifications, please send us an email at email@example.com. You can also click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails.
We reserve the right to change the practices described in this Privacy Notice at any time by posting an updated Privacy Notice. Please check here periodically. If we amend this notice, your continued use of the Service will amount to your acknowledgement of the amended notice.
ANNEX TO PRIVACY NOTICE
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR EEA AND SWISS INDIVIDUALS
In order to meet privacy regulations in the EEA, Switzerland and the UK, Perform provides additional information to its EEA based individuals.
What is personal data?
“Personal data” is information about you (a “data subject”) the use of which is governed by applicable data protection laws. It will include any information from which you can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as your name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or other information about your identity. Most User Information will constitute personal data.
Who is responsible for your data?
If you use our Service, the Data Controller is:
Perform Media Services Ltd
Plane Tree Crescent
Perform Media Services Ltd is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number ZA188575).
What is the legal basis on which Perform relies to process your data?
On some occasions, we process your data with your consent (for example, when you agree to participate in our surveys and other activities or when you give us consent to send you marketing communications or to deal with your enquiries).
On other occasions, we process your data when we need to do this in order to fulfil a contract with you (for example, to make available to you the requested content or for billing purposes) or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract (for example, verifying your information).
We also process your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights. For example, we may process your personal data in our legitimate interests to ensure that our Service is provided efficiently and in a user-friendly and personalised manner taking into account user feedback, data and profiles, unless consent is required for any such processing under applicable law. We will process personal data to ensure the security of our business and the information of our users, and to ensure the proper and efficient administration of our business.
Finally, we will process your personal data where we are required to do this by law (for example, where we have to fulfil anti-money laundering requirements or disclose information under a court order).
How long does Perform keep data?
Perform keeps your data for only as long as required to provide you with the necessary Service and to carry out the processing set out in this notice, and in line with its obligation under applicable law. This means that we will generally not keep your User Information for longer than six years following your last interaction with us.
You may ask us for a copy of your information, to correct it, erase it or to transfer it to other organisations at your request. You also have rights to object to some processing including profiling and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent. In particular, you have rights to object to direct marketing at any time. Where you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the legitimacy of the processing conducted prior to your request.
Where we process your data because we have a legitimate interest in doing so (as explained above), you have a right to object to this. Where we make a decision based solely on automated processing which significantly affects you, you may have the right to contest the decision, express your point of view and obtain human intervention.
These rights may be limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your data.
Please use the contact information set out in our Contact section above. We will aim to acknowledge your enquiries within 72 hours and respond within one month, unless otherwise required by law.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to the relevant data protection authorities (in the case of the UK, the Information Commissioner).